C O P Y
Received S.W.C., A.S.
Oct. 8, 1918
Copy No. 1
The Conference of Ministers at a Meeting held on 7th October, 1918, agreed -
To refer to the Military Representatives at Versailles, with whom shall be associated representatives of the American, British, French, and Italian Navies, the consideration of the terms of armistice with Germany and Austria, on the basis of the following principles, accepted on the previous day:-
- Total evacuation by the enemy of France, Belgium, Luxemburg, and Italy:
- The Germans to retire behind the Rhine into Germany:
- Alsace-Lorraine to be evacuated by German troops without occupation by the Allies:
- The same conditions to apply to the Trentino and Istria:
- Serbia and Montenegro to be evacuated by the enemy:
- Evacuation of the Caucasus:
- Immediate steps to be taken (mise en train) for the evacuation of all territory belonging to Russia and Roumania before the War:
- Immediate cessation of submarine warfare.
(It was also agreed that the Allied blockade should not be raised.”